Computer and Information Security Recommendations
- You should have a computer with an updated antivirus software.
- It is highly recommended that you have an updated firewall software installed.
- Delete cookies(1) and temporary files from your computer regularly.
- Do not accept the installation of any software if you are not completely sure of where it came from.
- You should not access online banking on a PC unfamiliar to you unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Use a legal operating system and make sure you keep it updated.
- Do not use programmes from unknown sources or visit websites with questionable reputations. Only buy from trusted stores.
(1) A cookie is a small data file that is sent from a web server to the web browser to be stored by the browser in the computer memory. This allows the server to later read this data and use it to remember any specific information, such as when it stores a username and password.